Homemade veggie pâté with sweet potatoes and sunflower seeds
Wondering what to make that'll be super handy for sandwiches and snacks throughout the week? Try this veggie pâté. With just 1 cup of sunflower seeds, 1 sweet potato and a few other staples, you'll have enough for 4 big 4" square chunks, just about the same size that you'd get in a store-bought package. This recipe can easily be adjusted according to your preferences by simply adding the spices of your choice. Our favourite is a mix of turmeric, cumin and paprika. Veggie pâté also freezes very well, so you can make a big batch, freeze it and pull it out the night before you need it. In this recipe, the sunflower seeds add a great texture and crunch, but pumpkin seeds or any kind of nuts would also make a delicious addition. With this easy, nutritious base recipe, the possibilities are endless!
- 1 cup PRANA organic shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flour of your choice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 large potato or sweet potato (about 2 cups grated)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a food processor, pulse the sunflower seeds for several seconds to break them down a bit (keep some larger pieces for texture).
- Finely mince the onion and garlic. Peel and grate the raw potato.
- Blend all the ingredients together in the food processor until mixed. The texture should be semi-thick.
- Transfer the mix to an 8" square baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
- Store for up to a week in the refrigerator or freeze.