Oatmeal, Cranberry and Pecan Cookies
If you're looking for a last minute gift, and want to give something with a personal touch, look no further! Not only are these cookies delicious for your own consumption, but when you throw the ingredients into a mason jar and give it to a friend to bake, it creates a quick, easy and cheap gift that not only fills their home with the delicious smell of baked cookies, but the taste too! The best thing about it is you can customize this recipe by alternating your favourite nuts and dried fruits!
- 1 cup all purpose flour (or gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic cranberries sweetened with apple juice (or PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cocoa)
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic raw pecans
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic fair trade cane sugar
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla in a large bowl. In a mason jar, add one by one (so they appear to be layers) the flour mixture, rolled oats, pecans and cranberries.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, banana (crushed), apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and almond milk. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and mix very well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using a tablespoon or ice cream scooper, form dough balls and place on a parchement paper lined baking sheet. To make sure the cookies don't melt, we advise you leave your baking sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes prior to baking. Bake for 12 minutes.
- The cookies will remain soft, but it is important to let them cool on a cake rack. Preserve in an airtight container, and enjoy with a cup of almond milk!