Give your tofu a thai twist and add some exotic kick to an already popular dish! Double the marinated tofu recipe and save leftovers to add on noodle dishes and grilled vegetables for awesome lunches!
- 1 block firm tofu
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic non-roasted cashews
- 2 avocados
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 5 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- A pinch each of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Slice the tofu lengthwise, then julienne. Add soy sauce, olive oil, grated garlic and ginger in a dish and marinate the tofu for about 20 minutes.
- Finely chop the red cabbage, coarsely crush the cashews, and thinly slice the pepper. Crush the avocado with a fork until mashed, and add a tablespoon of olive oil, a tablespoon of lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the salsa by cutting the cherry tomatoes in half. In a bowl, stir together the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and cilantro.
- Fry the marinated tofu in a pan for 8 to 10 minutes along with the julienned red pepper. Heat the tortillas for 1 to 2 minutes in a medium heat pan. Add one tablespoon of avocado, add the tofu and pepper, red cabbage, salsa and top each taco with crushed cashews.