The ultimate chia pudding recipe
So you want to start making chia pudding? What an excellent idea!
Chia puddings are amazing at breakfast, and not just because they’re delicious. Chia seeds are real superfoods and nutritional powerhouses. A serving of chia allows you to start your day with your daily requirement of heart-healthy omega-3s and enough protein and fibre to keep you full until lunch!
And if that’s not enough to convince you, just think about this: chia pudding keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days, so all you have to do for a whole week’s worth of healthy breakfasts is less than 5 minutes of prep, a bit of shaking, and voilà!
Chia pudding should have a texture resembling that of tapioca pudding - a little bit gooey, bouncy and thick enough so that your toppings don't sink in.
Here’s the proportions you should keep for the perfect texture:
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds (we recommend our ProactivChia blend for extra probiotic goodness)
- 1 cup of liquid (homemade almond milk is the absolute best)
- 1 tablespoon of the sweetener of your choice (we love using maple syrup, but you can also use agave)
After that… the world is your oyster! We love adding all sorts of in-season fresh fruit, chopped raw nuts or homemade granola, some raw maca powder for an extra boost of energy in the morning, and a generous spoonful of our amazing organic blanched almond butter. If you're feeling extra cheeky, a few pieces of our fairtrade chocolate bark won't hurt either.
- Mix your dry and liquid ingredients in a large airtight jar.
- Shake, shake, shake señora! That’s so the chia seeds don’t stick to the bottom of your container. If you have the time, you can shake things up several times during the resting process, but it’s not mandatory.
- Rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, overnight if you wish.
Help! My chia pudding is too thick - not thick enough!
If your chia pudding is too thick, add a splash of liquid, and if it’s not thick enough, add a sprinkling of seeds. Soon enough you’ll have the perfect texture!
If you need some inspiration, get fancy with these delicious recipes: