As an excellent source of vegetable protein, pumpkin seeds are easy to add to your recipes while providing a light yet delightful taste. Jessie and PH, authors of cookbook Végane mais pas plate! (Vegan but not boring!), suggest pumpkin bread as a snack of choice — worthy of the current season!
- 1/2 Cup of sugar-free apple sauce
- 1 Cup of pumpkin purée
- 2/3 Cup of sugar
- 1/8 Cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon of pumpkin pie spices
- 1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 Cup of Prana organic Pumpkin seeds
* You can use any other sugar of your choice as substitute.Shop the products in this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix apple sauce, pumpkin purée, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- In a different bowl, mix flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Progressively introduce dry mixture into the moist mixture.
- Grease a bread pan.
- Pour in combined mixture.
- Sprinkle on the Prana organic pumpkin seeds.
- Place in the oven for 55 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick poked into the centre comes out clean.
- Let sit for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan.