Amandine Oat Snacking Cake
This cake is moist, nutty, and packed with maple flavor. It's vegan, refined sugar free, and makes a great breakfast cake or rustic fall dessert.
Recipe and photo by Sasha Swerdloff @ TENDING the TABLE.
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax seed
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Rolled oats, thinly sliced apples, coconut sugar, and chopped PRANA Amandine Maple Almonds to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch round springform pan with parchment and grease the sides with olive oil.
- In a large bowl combine the ground flax with 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm water. Stir to combine and set aside to gel. After a few minutes, add the maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla, and olive oil and whisk to combine. Add the salt, almond flour, oat flour, all-purpose flour, arrowroot, and baking powder and stir well to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Sprinkle the cake with rolled oats, coconut sugar, and chopped PRANA Amandine Maple Almonds.
- Bake for 80 minutes until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving.