Autumn Quinoa Salad
A comforting and nutritious quinoa salad, perfect for the fall season.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 cup PRANA organic white quinoa
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- ¾ cup PRANA European pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful PRANA organic goji berries
- 1 handful PRANA organic cranberries
- 2 handfuls of fresh herbs (your choice)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil to taste
- In a pot, cook the quinoa in 2 cups of cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, then turn the heat off and let the pot sit, undisturbed, for 10 more minutes until all water is absorbed and quinoa is light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add the onions and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking a few minutes until onions are golden. Set aside.
- Rehydrate the goji berries by soaking them in a bowl of water for 5 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Chop the herbs coarsely.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
This salad will keep for up to a week in a sealed container in the refrigerator.