Avocado, Strawberry, and ProactivChia Popsicles
If there's one thing that makes kids go crazy in summer, it's popsicles! It's the season for frozen treats, and popsicles are just about the easiest thing you can make at home. Using recipes like this layered avocado-strawberry one means that you can keep it healthy, by avoiding artificial colours and flavours, and controlling the amount of added sugar. The combinations of flavours are practically endless and are always a sure-fire hit with both kids and adults. Aside from the regular fruit purees, try adding chia seeds, nut milks, and nut butters to find your perfect flavour combo. You'll be surprised at how creamy and delectable the avocado layer is in this fun and colourful recipe!
- 2 large avocados
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 5 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 banana
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground vanilla
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic whole black ProactivChia seeds
- In a blender, mix the avocado, coconut milk, lime juice and maple syrup.
- Pour the mix into popsicle moulds about half-full and put in the freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- In a blender, mix all of the ingredients (except for the ProactivChia) until smooth.
- Add the ProactivChia and stir gently.
- Pour the mix into the popsicle moulds on top of the partially-frozen avocado layer.
- Insert the popsicle sticks and freeze for at least 4 hours.