Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips and Blueberries
This is the best banana bread you will ever have. What's the secret you ask? Apple cider vinegar. When combined with baking soda, apple cider vinegar helps lift any recipe into something so deliciously fluffy, you won't believe it. The other secret to this recipe? The dried blueberries that compliment the chocolate perfectly. See for yourself.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic fair trade cane sugar
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cacao
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a bread pan.
- Mash the bananas with a fork, then place in a large bowl. Add the sugar, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and almond milk, and mix using a silicone spatula.
- In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together except the chocolate chunks. Combine the contents of the two bowls and mix well.
- Melt the chocolate chunks in a double-boiler, then add to the banana mixture and stir with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and place in preheated oven to bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and check doneness with a toothpick (if it comes out dry, it's ready).
- Melt a little bit of dark chocolate and lightly pour over the bread. Let cool.