Banana, Medjool Date and Pecan Muffins
Muffins are the quintessential on-the-go food. They're small, can be eaten with your hands and pack a mean punch of nutrients to fuel your day. Either for breakfast or as an afternoon snack, these muffins are the perfect appetite appeaser. Loaded with pecans, bananas, almond milk and Medjool dates, this muffin makes a delicious sweet and healthy snack to pack and go!
- 1 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic fair trade cane sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a muffin tin with papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the banana purée, dates, coconut oil and almond milk.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients, and mix well.
- Add the pecans and stir.
- Transfer the mix to the muffin tin and place in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes (ready when an inserted toothpick comes out clean).
- Let cool completely.