Banana Protein Milkshake
If you're vegetarian or vegan, you've probably heard an annoying if well-meaning friend or family member say something like "but how are you going to get protein with only vegetables?" This recipe proves them wrong a dozen times over, as it combines many of the best sources of vegetable protein in one delicious shake. Flax seeds, chia, hemp, pumpkin and sunflower seeds are just a few great sources of protein - not to mention nut butters (like almond or sesame)! Between nutritious staples like these and other ingredients like goji berries, spirulina, legumes (lentils, chickpeas and beans), nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, Brazil nuts), tempeh and tofu...vegetarians and vegans have more great sources of protein than carnivores do! This rich and tasty smoothie recipe makes a fantastic breakfast or post-workout snack.
- 1 to 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 tbsp PRANA organic whole sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp ground or whole PRANA organic black ProactivChia seeds
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic blanched almond butter
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender and enjoy immediately!