Banana smoothie with tahini and dates
Comforting and ultra-rich... are we talking about a dessert or a smoothie? Sometimes you just wanna trade in your usual green smoothie for something a little more decadent. Besides, just because this smoothie doesn't have greens or berries doesn't mean it's not still healthy! Tahini, a.k.a. sesame paste, is rich in fibre, protein and is a great addition to any vegan or vegetarian diet. It's just as good in savory dishes as it is in sweet dishes. Our two favorite uses are in smoothies or as part of a smooth and creamy dressing for a kale salad. If you don't already keep some on hand, try this smoothie and it'll surely become one of your favourite pantry staples.
- 2 ripe frozen bananas
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 pitted PRANA organic Medjool dates
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup of lightly roasted PRANA organic mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios) - optional
- 1 tbsp toasted PRANA organic whole sesame seeds - optional
- Put all the ingredients except for the nuts and sesame seeds into the blender and mix until smooth and creamy. If you're not using frozen bananas, add a few cubes of ice before blending.
- Roast the nuts and sesame seeds in the oven or in a small frying pan for a few minutes. Coarsely chop them and use as a topping for the smoothie.