BBQ stuffed avocado with herbed quinoa and seeds
Looking for inspiration for your next BBQ? Tired of regular old burgers and brochettes? This summer, get out of your comfort zone and push your limits when it comes to grilling! Grilling avocados gives them an intense hazelnut flavour. All you need to do is cut a couple avocados in two and brush them with olive oil. Then grill them, face down, for a few minutes. Use the halves to make a smoky, delicious guacamole, or stuff them with a quinoa salad made with plenty of fresh herbs and crunchy seeds. Your grill can still surprise you!
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic white quinoa
- 1/2 cup of fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, mint, basil)
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic raw European pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 dozen cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 4 ripe avocados
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- In a saucepan, bring the quinoa and 2 cups of water to a boil. Cover, lower heat, and let simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit covered for 10 minutes. Take off the cover and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, garlic, salt and pepper together in a mason jar. Shake vigorously.
- Chop the fresh herbs and cut the cherry tomatoes in 2. Transfer the cooled quinoa to a large bowl and add the herbs, tomatoes, and seeds. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss well.
- Cut the avocados in 2. Brush the avocado halves with olive oil. Preheat your BBQ or grill pan, and grill each avocado half for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat. Once grilled, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish each avocado half with the quinoa salad and serve.