Black bean and sweet potato chili with Charleston coconut chips
Have you tried our Charleston coconut chips yet? They're grilled to perfection and lightly dusted with our homemade BBQ seasoning. It's an explosion of flavour! They make an excellent filling in a vegan BLT sandwich, and a great topping for salads, soups and this vegan chili. The only real problem with these chips is that it's hard to not finish the bag once you've got it open! Our coconut chips come in three awesome flavours: Charleston (BBQ), Hula (Salt and Pepper) and Jive (Spicy Chili). We also make plain coconut chips, which can be used in both savoury and sweet recipes! Give 'em each a try and let us know which one is your favourite.
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan and add the onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano and cinnamon. Cook for several minutes until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and mix well. Add the chopped sweet potato, peppers, carrot, celery and corn. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, cooked beans, broth and sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for 25 minutes. Season to taste.
- Serve in a shallow bowl and garnish with fresh cilantro and Charleston coconut chips.