This recipe was developed in collaboration with @VeganMontréal created by Angèle, a Montreal-based foodie and outdoor lover who decided to share her own experience with veganism and to show that vegan food can be Easy. Healthy. Tasty.
Lentil-Walnut Taco « Meat »
1 can brown lentils
1/2 cup @pranasnacks walnuts
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp taco spice (a mix chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, ground cumin, salt and pepper).
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
6 to 10 tortillas (we prefer corn tortillas)
1 red onion
Salsa of your choice
Sprouts or fresh coriander (optional)Shop the products in this recipe
Get the fire started (you can also do this exact same recipe on a propane stove);
- Place the drained lentils into a cast-iron pan; mash them with a fork or your clean hands;
- Place your walnuts into a reusable bag and crush them with a heavy item such as a rock;
- Add the walnuts to the pan with the olive oil, taco spice and chopped bell pepper;
- Place the pan on a grill over a small fire or hot coal;
- Chop the red onion into quarters and place them on the fire as well;
- When the lentil-walnut taco « meat » is warmed through and slightly browning, heat your tortillas on the grill - watch them, they are very quick to cook (about 1 minute per side);
- At that time the red onion should be cooked through as well;
- To assemble, add a scoop of lentil-walnut taco « meat » into the tortilla, a few avocado slices, salsa, a squeeze of lime juice, the sprouts or coriander!
And make sure to go check our Campfire Apples if you still have room left for dessert after these delicious Campfire Tacos.