Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl
Recipe prepared in collaboration with our friends EVIVE, a Montreal-based organic and vegan company
Granola (makes extra)
- 1 cup PRANA organic gluten free oat flakes
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic almonds
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 EVIVE YIN WHEELS
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant based milk
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic hemp and chia mix
- Chopped PRANA organic dried apricots
- 1/2 a sliced apple
- Add oat flakes, almonds, walnuts, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and salt into a medium sized bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Preheat a large pan on medium high heat. Once hot, add coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Let the coconut oil melt and mix with maple syrup. Once it starts bubbling add the oat mixture and stir to coat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the granola starts being fragrant. Stir regularly and keep a close eye on the granola to prevent from burning.
- Remove from the heat and let cool completely – it will become crunchy as it cools.
- Prepare the smoothie by adding 2 Evive Yin Wheels into a blender along with 3/4 cup of plant based milk. Blend until smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and top with granola, hemp and chia mix, dried apricots and apple slices. Enjoy immediately.