Chewy Choco Coconut Hemp Squares
A quick and easy gluten-free and nutritious recipe. The combination of superfoods such as chia, hemp and cacao powder, make these squares extra special! Perfect for dessert or as an afternoon snack for kids.
- 1 cup puffed quinoa
- 2 cups puffed rice
- ⅓ cup PRANA organic raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup PRANA organic finely grated coconut
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic chia seeds
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic shelled hemp seeds
- 1 pinch PRANA unrefined Algarve sea salt
- ¾ cup PRANA organic coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Lightly grease an 8" square pan with some coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients (puffed quinoa, puffed rice, cocoa powder, coconut, chia, hemp and sea salt).
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract, stir and remove from heat.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold until well mixed.
- Transfer the mix to the greased pan and press down to even.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into 9 squares.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.