Choco-banana chia parfait with ALGARVE Chocolate Bark
This parfait makes a great snack or breakfast for when a chocolate craving hits! Delicious and rich, it has layers of vanilla-maple and chocolate chia pudding, slices of fresh banana and chunks of dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt. I often make a Mason jar of chia pudding to keep in the fridge and pull it out whenever I crave a quick and easy dessert. This recipe also makes a great snack for the kids, offering a great way to add more chia and fresh fruit to their diet. The gourmet touch to this chia parfait comes from the newest member of the PRANA family. ALGARVE chocolate bark is a mix of dark chocolate, made with 62% certified fair-trade cacao, a layer of crunchy roasted almonds and a touch of sea salt. Try this delicious mix once and you'll be craving it for days. It makes a great addition to desserts, puddings or on its own to uplift your coffee break a gourmet experience.
- 2 cups homemade almond milk, divided
- 1 heaping tbsp PRANA organic raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic hazelnut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, divided
- 6 heaping tbsp PRANA organic whole black Proactivchia seeds, divided
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 2 pinches PRANA unrefined Algarve sea salt, divided
- 1 banana, sliced
- PRANA organic Algarve Chocolate bark with almonds and sea salt
- Using a blender, mix 1 cup of the almond milk with the raw cacao powder, hazelnut butter and 1 tbsp of maple syrup to make a smooth chocolate almond milk.
- In a jar, mix the chocolate milk with 3 tbsp of chia seeds, 1 tsp of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Seal the jar and shake vigorously for a few seconds to mix. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes and then shake again. Let the chia mix sit for another 30 minutes until it has the texture of tapioca pudding.
- Vanilla-maple layer: in a separate jar, mix the remaining 1 cup of almond milk, 3 tbsp of chia seeds, 1 tbsp of maple syrup, 1 tsp of vanilla extract 1 pinch of salt.
- Follow the same instructions for the chocolate chia pudding.
- To assemble, put 2 tbsp of chocolate chia pudding in the bottom of each glass bowl or Mason jar and top with 2 or 3 banana slices and a few pieces of chocolate bark. Add 2 tbsp of maple-vanilla chia pudding and garnish with more chocolate bark and few berries (optional).