Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
Sweet nutty chocolates that make a great gift any time of the year... especially on Valentine's day!
- 1/3 cup PRANA organic coconut oil
- 4 tbsp cocoa butter
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 8 tbsp PRANA organic raw cocoa powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic raw maca powder
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic blanched almond butter
- Melt the coconut oil and cocoa butter in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat and add the maple syrup (or agave).
- Add the cocoa powder, maca powder and salt. Stir until consistent and smooth.
- In mini muffin molds, add a spoonful of the chocolate mixture and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is frozen, add a teaspoon of almond butter to each mould, then completely cover with the remaining chocolate. Freeze for another hour, then remove from the molds.