Chocolate mousse, white chocolate creme and NO MYLK'N Chocolaty Bark
As presented during the culinary demo by Marie-Josée Richer at Expo Manger Santé et Vivre Vert 2017. This is a delicious triple layer dessert with an almond and date crunchy crust, a decadent chocolate-hazelnut mousse and a rich white chocolate creme. It is topped with our popular NO MYLK'N hazelnut and crispy rice Chocolaty Bark!
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic raw European almonds
- 3 tbsp PRANA organic hazelnut butter
- 5 PRANA organic Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cup PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cacao
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic hazelnut butter
- 1 cup aquafaba (chickpea cooking or can liquid)
- 2 tsp PRANA organic fair trade cane sugar
- Some PRANA organic No Mylk'n Chocolate bark with hazelnuts & crispy rice
White chocolate cream
- 1 cup PRANA organic non-roasted cashews
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp soy or sunflower lecithin
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao butter
- 1/4 tsp ground vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- Roast the almonds in the oven or in a small pan for a few minutes. Stir often to make sure they don't burn.
- In a food processor, mix the almonds until coarsely chopped, then add the hazelnut butter and the dates. Mix again for a few seconds, until you obtain a sandy texture.
- Drop about 2 spoonfuls of the mixture on the bottom of 6 250 ml Mason jars.
- Refrigerate until it's time to assemble.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and hazelnut butter together. Mix with a spatula and let cool for a few minutes.
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer, whip the aquafaba with the sugar to form soft peaks, about 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spatula, delicately fold a third of the whipped aquafaba into the melted chocolate until there are no more white traces.
- Fold in the rest of the aquafaba carefully to keep a maximum of volume.
- Pour the mousse on top of the crust in the 6 jars.
- Garnish with some broken up bark.
- Let the mousse set in the fridge while you're preparing the white chocolate cream layer.
White chocolate cream
- Soak the cashews for 30 minutes, then drain and rinse.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Pour the cream on top of the mousse layer.
- Cover each jar with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours until set.
- Garnish with berries and more coarsely chopped bark.
- Store in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap. Serve cold.
- Keeps for up to 2 days in the refrigerator, but will harden and won't be as creamy and soft.