Our collaborator Loounie got a simple yet delightful dessert recipe for you. Served in small portions, it’s the perfect treat to end a meal. We know there’s nothing like rounding out large holiday feasts with a touch of sweetness. Loounie has many great holiday memories as homemade desserts used to rub shoulders with chocolate on the table. Featuring our very own Mont Rocher, this recipe includes a healthier version of a well-known holiday delight, supporting the idea of making homemade desserts while integrating responsible eating!
- 2 cups of pitted Medjool PRANA dates
- 1.5 cups of hot water (or long espresso if desired)
- 1/2 cup of PRANA hazelnut butter
- 2 cups of PRANA dark chocolate pieces
- 1 pinch of salt
- PRANA’s Mont Rocher to decorate
- Pomegranate seeds or hazelnuts to decorate (optional)
- Put dates in a high-speed blender or food processor blender container. Pour hot water or coffee over dates, and let rest for about ten minutes.
- Add hazelnut butter and start blender until smooth consistency is obtained, then set aside.
- Melt pieces of chocolate in a double boiler—or in a microwave or oven—a few seconds at a time. Pour melted chocolate in blender.
- Add pinch of salt, and start blender until smooth consistency is obtained.
- Pour mixture into 8 to 12 jars, pots or small glasses, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, garnish each pot with PRANA’s Mont Rocher. Decorate with pomegranate seeds and hazelnuts (optional).