Coconut Macaroons with Pistachios and Dark Chocolate
When something this good is this easy to make, you don't have a choice but to spoil your loved ones with these delicious treats made with coconut and decadent dark chocolate. As easy as these are to make, they're actually even easier to give as a pre-bake gift. Just throw all the ingredients in a mason jar, write out the baking instructions and voilà, a homemade gift made with love! Make sure to check out the video for more inspiration.
Coconut Macaroons with Pistachios
- 1 cup PRANA organic finely grated coconut
- 2 tbsp spelt flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic fair trade cane sugar
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic raw shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic chocolate chunks 70% cocoa
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic ground chia seeds
- 1/5 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, soy...)
Mason Jar Gift
- Use all ingredients above except the nut milk
- A mason jar
- A kraft paper label with string
- Decorative ribbon or furoshiki cloth
Macaroons with pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the coconut, flour, sugar, pistachios, chocolate, chia, baking powder and salt. Add the milk and mix well.
- Let the dough sit for 5 minutes, then, using your hands, form about 10 small cones / pyramid shapes.
- Delicately place the cones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake until golden, about 18 minutes.
Mason Jar Gift
- In a mason jar, add the shredded coconut, sugar, spelt flour, ground flax seed, baking powder, salt and chopped pistachios one by one to create visible layers. Add the chocolate chunks last.
- Seal the jar, and tie with ribbon, decorative string or wrap in furoshiki!
- On the kraft label, write out the ingredients that need to be added as well as the baking instructions.
- Tie a decorative ribbon or string around the neck of the jar and attach the gift tag, or, if you have furoshiki cloth, cover the jar and tie at the top.