Coffee and Hazelnut Butter Popsicles Dipped in Chocolate
These hazelnut-infused popsicles, coated in delicious dark chocolate, are the perfect frozen treat for the coffee lover in your life. No need to stop after one - this is a way to enjoy iced coffee all day long! Popsicles are a kids favourite treat, and this version, while a little more sophisticated, will be beloved by adults and kids alike! Summer is the season for icy frozen treats, especially popsicles, but they don't need to only come in three flavors and be full of added sugar. To make original and healthy versions, try homemade popsicles and you'll avoid artificial sweeteners and colouring. With some fresh fruit juice, nut milks or butters and even chia seeds, the possibilities are practically endless. These will be a surefire hit with both kids and adults! Check out our links for other popsicle recipes here!
- 1 cup cold filtered coffee or espresso
- 1/3 cup PRANA organic hazelnut butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cacao
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil
- some PRANA organic raw hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
Yield will vary according to the size of the popsicle moulds.Shop the products in this recipe
- In a blender or mixer, combine the coffee, hazelnut butter, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla at high speed for a few seconds.
- Pour the mix into the popsicle moulds and freeze for 4 hours.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bain marie or double boiler, melt together the chocolate chunks and the coconut oil.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a tall glass and let cool for several minutes (it should still be liquid, but not as hot as when it came off the stove).
- Gently remove the frozen popsicles from their moulds.
- Dip each popsicle in the melted chocolate, sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and place on the baking sheet.
- Freeze again for at least 30 minutes.