Creamy cacao pie with pecan crust
Everyone will want to know the recipe for this dessert! They'll be particularly surprised to find out that it contains zucchini (if you're serving it to kids, that can be our little secret). Why zucchini? It lightens up the rich cashew-based filling (can be used in a number of sweet desserts). Its neutral flavour works great with the bitterness of cacao. This recipe is a perfect go-to when it comes to birthday parties. You'll make everyone who tries it fall in love! Keep this vegan cream pie firm by storing it in the fridge, or, if kept frozen, by taking it out 30 minutes before serving.
- 2 cups PRANA organic raw pecans
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup PRANA organic non-roasted cashews, soaked, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp hazelnut butter (optional)
- Put the pecans in the bowl of your food processor and mix until they've become a fine powder. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix again.
- Press the crust into an 8" spring-form or other cake mould lined with plastic wrap.
- Put the crust in the freezer and prepare the filling.
- In a food processor, mix the cashews until smooth, then add the zucchini, cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla, sea salt and hazelnut butter. Mix until creamy and smooth.
- Add the melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Pour the filling into the pecan crust and refrigerate or freeze for at least 8 hours (or overnight).