Crunchy and Nutty Chocolate Almond Butter Bars
These no-bake almond butter bars are the ultimate decadent treat! They're a mix of nuts, dates, nut butters and puffed rice, all covered in rich 70% dark chocolate. These bars can be kept in the freezer, sliced and wrapped in parchment paper, and taken out when you need a treat - they only take a few minutes to defrost. The mixture can also be rolled into energy balls and dipped in chocolate. PRANA's delicious and creamy European almond butter has a one-of-a-kind flavour that's completely different from any other store-bought type. Try it on sliced bread, or, if you're a real almond butter nut, by the spoonful! In this recipe, the almond butter can be replaced by peanut butter or by PRANA's luscious hazelnut butter. Recipe inspired by the blog 'Green Kitchen Story'.
- 1 1/2 cup PRANA organic Medjool dates (about 10-12), pitted
- 2/3 cup PRANA organic blanched almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic raw European almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic raw European pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic finely grated coconut
- 1 1/2 cup puffed rice or quinoa
- 2 cups PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cacao
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic shelled hemp seeds, for garnish
The bars will keep several months in the freezer, and about two weeks in the refrigerator.Shop the products in this recipe
- In a food processor, blend the dates, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Remove from food processor and form into a ball.
- Place the dough in a large bowl and add the almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, puffed rice and sea salt. Mix by hand.
- Transfer the mixture into an 8" x 10" pan lined with parchment paper. Press the dough down to obtain a thickness of about 2 cm.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, then pour it evenly on top of the bars. Sprinkle with hemp seeds. Return to the refrigerator or freezer for the chocolate to harden.
- Once cold, cut into bars.