Curried Pumpkin Soup with Coconut "Bacon"
You can never have enough soup recipes. With all the flavours and combinations you can have, it's truly a dish that you can never get sick of. This curried pumpkin soup is no exception, especially when it's topped with a delicious spicy vegan coconut "bacon" and a side of naan!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups diced pumpkin or squash
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 branch of cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup coconut "bacon"
- Naan bread for serving
- Chop the garlic and onion. In a large pot, heat the oil and saute the onion and garlic for about 3 minutes. Add the ginger and curry paste, stir, and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the diced pumpkin and stir so that it's evenly coated. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes then add the broth. Let simmer for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Using a hand mixer, mix the soup until smooth and creamy. Add the coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Serve in large bowls and squeeze the fresh lime juice on top. Garnish with cilantro and some coconut "bacon"