Decadent chocolate cake with CARAZEL chocolate bark
This delicious chocolate cake is great for any occasion, but it makes for an extra special birthday cake. Don't you dare skip the ganache - when made with hazelnut butter, it adds another level of chocolatey goodness. What more could you ask for? A few pieces of our new chocolate bark to make it extra tasty and beautiful!
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup PRANA organic fair trade cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup nut milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cacao
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp homemade vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup nut milk of your choice
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup PRANA organic fair trade cane sugar
- 2/3 cup PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cacao
- 1/2 tsp homemade vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic blanched almond butter or PRANA organic hazelnut butter
- PRANA Chocolate bark of your choice (such as Algarve, Carazel or No Mylk'n)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Heat the nut milk with the chocolate just until it's hot, either in the microwave or in a double boiler. Mix until the chocolate is melted.
- Mix in the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the cake batter to an 8" springform pan.
- Put in preheated oven for 30 minutes, testing for doneness with a sharp knife in the center of the cake.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring the cake to a cooling rack.
- Cover the cake with a clean kitchen towel so that it doesn't dry out and put it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is in the refrigerator, prepare the ganache.
- In a small saucepan, mix the milk with the sugar until it's dissolved.
- Add the chocolate, turn the heat off, and let it melt.
- Add the vanilla and nut butter, and mix until the ganache is smooth and creamy. Let the mix cool for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Spread the ganache on the cake with the help of an offset spatula.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes or let cool in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate bark before serving.