Gluten-free chocolate chip cookies
When a recipe is this good, it deserves the title of the very best chocolate-almond cookies. It is, without a doubt, our absolute favourite cookie recipe. Don't hesitate to double the recipe and freeze part of the dough so that you can always have some on hand!
- 1 1/2 cups powdered PRANA organic raw European almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut (or rice) flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil
- 3 tbsp PRANA organic blanched almond butter or hazelnut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cacao
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the powdered almonds, the coconut flour, the baking powder and the salt.
- In another bowl, mix the melted coconut oil, the nut butter, the maple syrup and the vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the chocolate chunks.
- Make balls of cookie dough that are about 2 tablespoons big and place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Flatten the balls of dough with your hand and put the baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the freezer and bake for 12 minutes. The cookies will harden when they cool, so let them rest on the sheet when you take it out of the oven before moving them to a cooling rack.
- The cookies will keep at room temperature for up to 5 days.