Gluten-free chocolate-dipped cookies with almond powder
What could be easier than a cookie made with only five ingredients: almonds, baking powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract and, for the chocoholic, a coating of delicious dark chocolate. With no oil, butter, milk, and just a bit of sugar, they're good and good for you! Soft, tasty and gluten-free, these cookies won't last long once they come out of the oven!
- 2 cups PRANA organic raw European almonds, ground into a powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cacao
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, mix the powdered almonds with the baking powder. Add the maple syrup and vanilla and mix until a dough is formed (you can use your hands).
- Spoon the dough on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 3-4 cm between each cookie. Lightly press each cookie down with the bottom of a glass (dampen the glass so the dough doesn't stick to it) or a cookie press.
- Place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a bain marie or double boiler.
- Once the cookies have hardened, dip half the cookie into the melted chocolate and set aside to let cool and harden.
- Will keep for 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator.