Golden smoothie with pineapple, turmeric and white mulberries
Are smoothies and smoothie bowls part of your morning routine yet? At our house, they definitely are, and with so many recipes for both overnight oats and smoothie bowls, we always have an option for breakfast on a busy morning. They provide a great opportunity to pack some nutritional powerhouses into your morning, like homemade nut milks, chia, hemp, kale, maca, and even turmeric. You can find a huge variety of recipes for smoothies in our archive. Quick and easy to prepare, smoothies get our day off on the right foot. For rushed mornings (around here, that's most of the week), just transfer your smoothie to a mason jar and hop out the door. Use smaller mason jars and include a smoothie in your child's lunch instead of juice!
- 2 cups pineapple, diced into large cubes
- 1 cup mango pieces
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic whole black ProactivChia seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic coconut strips
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic white mulberries
- Several orange slices, supremed
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic hemp seeds
- Cut the pineapple. Peel and cut up the mango. Peel and supreme the orange.
- Put all the ingredients except for the toppings into your blender and mix at high speed for 1 minute.
- Top with coconut chips, white mulberries, orange slices, hemp seeds and almonds if desired. Serve immediately.