Gourmet homemade hot chocolate mix
It's almost the time of year to give in to the temptation of hot chocolate, the most comforting beverage out there and the go-to choice for both young and old. This homemade mix is made with our raw cacao powder, coconut sugar, chunks of 70% raw cacao chocolate and spices. Preparation is easy: just add two large tablespoons of the mix to the warm nut milk of your choice. For an even creamier version, try it with homemade cashew milk. Or, if you're feeling really decadent, add some whipped coconut cream. Pour into a big mug and sip by the fire to your heart's content. Cacao contains anandamide, a neurotransmitter also known as the "happiness molecule", which blocks sensations of pain and promotes a sense of well-being. It's the only food that contains this rare molecule, so the next time you crave chocolate, let yourself indulge!
- 1 cup PRANA organic raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup PRANA organic coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cacao
- 3 pods cardamom, crushed (or 1/2 tsp ground cardamom)
- 1 cinnamon stick and/or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (or more to taste)
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together and transfer to a Mason jar.
- If offering as a gift, label the jar with the list of ingredients and instructions.
- Homemade hot chocolate: In a saucepan, warm 2 cups of nut milk (homemade almond or cashew milk) over low heat. Add 2 generous tbsp of the hot chocolate mix. Whisk until blended and heat until the milk is hot, but not boiling. Add a drizzle of maple syrup if desired and enjoy.