Hazelnut shortbreads with CARAZEL Chocolate Bark
Mixing powdered hazelnuts with flour makes for a delicious and nutritious switch in this cookie recipe! We couldn't resist adding a few pieces of our new chocolate bark with caramelized nuts and sea salt. They're so addictive that we actually find it hard not to add it to every recipe!
- 1/3 cup PRANA organic fair trade cane sugar
- 3/4 cup PRANA organic raw hazelnuts, ground to a powder
- 1 cup flour of your choice
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil
- 3 tbsp nut milk of your choice
- a few pieces PRANA organic Carazel Chocolate bark with Caramelized Nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients together. Add the nut butter and coconut oil and mix into a crumbly dough with your hands.
- Add the nut milk and knead to make a ball of dough.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2 cm thickness on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Cut out cookies using cookie cutters.
- Form a ball with the leftover dough and roll out again to cut out more cookies.
- Place cookies on the prepared baking. Break up the chocolate bark into smaller pieces and add a few bits on top of each cookie. Press the pieces lightly into the cookies.
- Put in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Cookies should be light golden brown. They'll harden as they cool.