Homemade Granola with Fruits and Nuts
Granola is a healthy breakfast staple thanks to its many nutritious ingredients, such as oats and nuts. This version is truly unique, incorporating chia seeds and white mulberries.
- 5 cups oats (not instant)
- ½ cup PRANA organic raw European almonds
- ½ cup PRANA organic raw pecans
- ¼ cup PRANA organic raw walnuts
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic fair trade ground Ceylon true cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp PRANA unrefined Algarve sea salt
- ½ cup PRANA organic coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup PRANA organic white mulberries
- ¾ cup PRANA organic cranberries, sweetened with apple juice
- 3 tbsp PRANA organic chia seeds
- ¼ cup PRANA organic raw European pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop nuts coarsely.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, nuts, spices and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a pot or bain marie, melt the coconut oil on low heat. Remove from heat and add the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add it to the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared sheet (will be approximately 1" thick). Be sure to break up the mixture so that it does not all clump together.
- Place on middle rack of preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and mix gently. Return to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the pumpkin seeds. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the cranberries, mulberries and chia in a small bowl.
- Remove from the oven and add the fruit and chia mix. Toss lightly to distribute evenly.
- Let cool completely and serve with a homemade nut milk.
- Store in an airtight glass jar or a resealable bag. *Decorate with a ribbon, label and offer as a gift.