Kale, Basil and Hemp Pesto
Fresh pesto is the perfect compliment to any pasta dish, salad or sandwich. This recipe features hemp seeds and kale, giving you that extra boost of protein. With a recipe this simple, there's no reason to resort to store-bought pesto ever again!
- 3 cups kale cabbage
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup PRANA organic shelled hemp seeds
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp PRANA unrefined Algarve sea salt
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except the oil.
- Add the oil slowly while the food processor is activated. Use more or less oil as per desired consistency.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Pesto will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days or can be frozen in an ice cube tray.