Mango, chia, and turmeric popsicles
Mango popsicles are a classic summer treat and the flavour of mango pairs perfectly with coconut water (for a creamier version, use coconut milk). With the addition of chia seeds, these popsicles become a nutritional powerhouse with a crunchy texture that kids will love! For an exotic boost of flavour, try adding turmeric. Summer is the season for icy frozen treats, especially popsicles, but they don't need to only come in three flavours and be full of added sugar. To make original and healthy versions, try homemade popsicles and you'll avoid artificial sweeteners and colouring. With some fresh fruit juice, nut milks or butters and even chia seeds, the possibilities are practically endless. They will be a surefire hit with both kids and adults! Check out our links for other popsicle recipes here!
- 3 cups fresh mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 ¼ cup coconut water or coconut milk
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic whole black ProactivChia seeds
- 3 pieces PRANA organic dried mangoes
Yield will vary according to the size of the popsicle moulds.Shop the products in this recipe
- Place the fresh mango, coconut water, turmeric and maple syrup in a blender. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a large Mason jar, add the chia seeds and shake to mix. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Cut the dried mango into small pieces and stir into the mixture.
- Pour into the popsicle moulds, insert the popsicle sticks and freeze for 4 hours.