Mango, Turmeric, Coconut Milk and Hemp Lassi
This vegan mango lassi recipe has a light turmeric taste and makes a delicious dessert. Traditionally, a lassi is made with yogurt. We have substituted it for plant-based yogurt, however you could also easily use silken tofu. Lassi is typically served on its own as a treat, but we think it make a great soothing dessert after a spicy meal, or if you simply wish to end your meal on a fruity note.
- 1 1/2 cup of frozen mangoes
- 1 orange
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup of vegan yogurt
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- A dash of maple syrup (to taste)
- A few ice cubes
- Slice the banana and peel the orange.
- In a blender, place all the ingredients together and mix until a smooth, silky consistency. Add a little liquid if necessary to obtain a thick but fluid smoothie.
- Pour into glasses and top with hemp seeds and turmeric.