Matcha energy balls
Coconut and matcha tea are two of our favourite flavours. And when you put them together? Even better! Besides having this great taste combo, these matcha balls also have a wonderful bright green hue, and make an excellent energy booster. All you need is some nuts, soft dates, grated coconut and matcha powder. What's matcha powder? It's a green powder with an earthy taste made from ground green tea leaves. Unlike coffee, matcha releases the caffeine it contains into your system over several hours - so instead of a high followed by a crash, you'll get a steady boost of energy throughout the day. It's also full of other nutrients and antioxidants. For this recipe, you can switch up the nuts depending on what you have on hand - we used cashews for their light, neutral flavour, and pistachios for some colour. These will keep for several days in the refrigerator, but they also freeze well. Just take one or two out in the morning, keep it in a plastic bag or tightly sealed container, and enjoy whenever you need an energy boost!
- 3/4 cup PRANA organic non-roasted cashews
- 12 pitted PRANA organic Medjool dates
- ¼ cup PRANA organic finely grated coconut
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios and/or grated coconut to roll the balls in
- Put all the ingredients together in a food processor except for the pistachios. Mix for several minutes, occasionally stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon, roll into a ball, and roll in the chopped pistachios and/or grated coconut.
- Repeat for the rest of the mix. Keep in the refrigerator or in the freezer in a tightly sealed container.