Mini pancake skewers with hazelnut butter and fresh fruits
Here's a great idea for your next brunch with friends or family: a skewer of vegan pancakes spread with our incredibly creamy hazelnut butter, strung with the fresh fruit of your choice. Tell us that doesn't sound amazing! To speed up the process (and the clean-up) of making the mini pancakes, fill up a plastic squeeze bottle with the pancake batter and use to portion it into the frying pan. If you don't use all the batter, it keeps for a day or two in the refrigerator. Kids will love to help with the assembly of the skewers - that is, if they don't eat all the pancakes first. Enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic fair trade cane sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- PRANA organic hazelnut butter (to spread)
- fresh fruit of your choice
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients together.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together with a wooden spoon. The batter should be smooth and slightly thick.
- Heat up a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan one spoonful at a time, leaving space between the pools of batter. They should form uniform little circles. Cook for 2 minutes, until bubbles start to form on the surface, and flip. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the mini pancakes from the frying pan and keep warm on a plate under a clean tea towel. Repeat the process until you are out of pancake batter, adding oil to the pan from time to time.
- To assemble the brunch skewers: spread the pancakes with the nut butter of your choice (almond or hazelnut) then spear with a skewer. String fresh fruits of your choice (strawberry slices, banana rounds, blueberries, raspberries...) in between pancakes.