Mint Lemonade with ProactivChia
What's more idyllic on a hot day than getting comfy on a picnic blanket with a glass of refreshing lemonade, perfumed with mint and with a perfect zesty bite from ginger and lemon? With a smooth texture from the added ProactivChia seeds, this thirst-quenching bright green-yellow lemonade is ideal for the hottest days of summer, happy hour with friends or a day in the park with the kids! Make a double-batch, because it'll go quick once the kids get a taste of this perfect mix of sweet and citrus. Serve chilled, with plenty of lemon slices.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 4 cups water
- 5 tbsp PRANA organic fair trade cane sugar
- 3 tbsp PRANA organic whole black ProactivChia seeds
- handful ice cubes
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients except the ProactivChia and ice cubes.
- Pour the lemonade into a large Mason jar, add the ProactivChia and stir.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes and stir again to break up the chia seeds.
- Wait another 10 minutes, until the chia seeds have expanded, add ice cubes and serve chilled.