Nut Butter Energy Bars
This energy bar recipe is the best of all worlds: rich in fibre, naturally sweetened, and with the delicate taste of your favourite PRANA nut butter, it's the perfect snacks! These bars keep for only a few days in the refrigerator, but they freeze well!
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic ground chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 2 apples, cut into pieces
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup PRANA organic hazelnut or blanched almond butter
- 2 ½ cups oat flakes
- 1 cup PRANA organic Medjool dates, pitted and pureed
- 1 cup PRANA organic finely grated coconut
- ¾ cup PRANA organic raw European pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup mixed organic PRANA nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans...)
- ½ cup PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cacao
- 1 cup dried fruit cut into cubes (raisins, cranberries, apricots,figs)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Soak the chia seeds in 6 tbsp of water for 25 minutes, until they form a thick gel.
- Put the banana and apple cubes, soaked chia seeds, vanilla and nut butter in a food processor, and pulse until the texture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add the oats, pureed dates, coconut, pumpkin seeds, nuts, chocolate chunks and dried fruits. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a rectangular glass dish. Press to compact the mixture until the surface is flat and even.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until edges become golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Cut into bars and enjoy!