Nutty Turmeric Sweet Potato Soup
This sweet and nutty soup has an exotic flair thanks to its turmeric and harissa. The combination of aromas makes this soup thoroughly heart-warming.
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil
- 2 cups leeks, sliced
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic blanched almond butter
- 1 ½ tbsp harissa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp PRANA organic fair trade ground turmeric
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- PRANA unrefined Algarve sea salt, to taste
- PRANA organic fair trade whole black pepper, ground, to taste
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté leeks in coconut oil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in almond butter, harissa, garlic, turmeric and cumin. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into ¼ cubes. Add them to the pot and partially cover them with the broth and 1 ½ cups water. Partially cover the pot and let simmer over medium-low heat until the sweet potatoes are tender; about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Blend in a high-speed blender in small batches until a velvety texture is been reached. Add more water if the soup too thick.
- Serve and garnish with slivered almonds. Season to taste.