Oatmeal and Apricot Cookies
This recipe makes a great base for vegan cookies. The secret to getting them soft and chewy? Apple cider vinegar. When it's mixed with nut milk and baking powder you get a truly magical texture.
- 1 cup spelt flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic fair trade cane sugar
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic pitted apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic raw European pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix coconut oil, sugar, mashed banana, apple cider vinegar and almond milk.
- Combine the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients and add the oatmeal, apricot pieces and pumpkin seeds. Mix well.
- Form balls of dough with a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop and place balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes before baking.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes (cookies will still be soft once baked). Remove from oven and let cool on a rack.
- Store in an airtight container to keep them soft and chewy.