Quick 'n' easy miso soup to go with roasted cashews and pumpkin seeds
For a healthy and satisfying lunch to bring to work or school, here's a fast and easy recipe that could be a game-changer! This (almost) instant homemade soup has vermicelli, spinach, red cabbage, carrots, green onions, and roasted cashews and pumpkin seeds in a yummy miso broth. It gets a tasty kick from soy and sriracha sauces. It's simple, easy and will warm you up on cold days. What makes the soup especially fun is the way it's prepared - just put all the ingredients into a large Mason jar, including the miso, soy sauce and sriracha sauce, and add boiling water when you're hungry! Bringing a homemade lunch to work or school has never been easier. Try it and see!
- 1 cup dried, quick cook rice vermicelli
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic raw European pumpkin seeds, roasted
- 8 PRANA organic non-roasted cashews, roasted
- 1 heaping tbsp miso paste
- 1 drizzle soy sauce
- 1 drizzle toasted sesame oil
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
- 1 block smoked tofu, diced (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a 1 L Mason jar.
- When you're ready to eat, add boiling water to fill the jar. Stir, cover, shake, and let sit for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- *Use a tea towel or oven mitts when handling the jar to avoid burning yourself.