Quinoa, Navy Bean and Kale Salad
Enjoy the southwestern twist on this classic kale salad that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic white quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 6 leaves kale cabbage
- 10 PRANA organic pitted Deglett dates
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic raw European pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup canned navy beans
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp PRANA organic whole black ProactivChia seeds
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch chipotle pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Put the quinoa in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is light and fluffy, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Finely chop the kale and the dates. Dice the carrot and the red pepper.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl of cooled quinoa and toss well.
- Add the dressing and toss again.
- Put all ingredients in a Mason jar, close with the lid and shake vigorously until well blended. Set aside.