Quinoa Pilaf with Tomatoes, Roasted Almonds and Raisins
A dish that is as versatile as it is delicious. Eat it warm or cold, as a main dish or side. The quinoa harmoniously blends with the tomatoes and raisins that offer a slight sweetness to this flavourful recipe.
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup PRANA organic white quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup PRANA organic Thompson raisins
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic raw European almonds
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 handful fresh basil
- Soak the quinoa overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- In a small pot, heat a small amount of vegetable oil, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, quinoa, tomato paste and canned tomatoes. Mix well, then add the vegetable broth, salt and raisins. Bring to a boil then cover and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes (until liquid has been absorbed).
- Put the almonds on the prepared baking sheet and place in preheated oven to roast for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove the pot from the burner and let it sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Chop the parsley and almonds.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork, then add the parsley and almonds.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil.