You can prepare the recipe with a store-bought pesto and vegan cheese if you want to keep it simple! But we highly recommend trying to make your own vegan cheese and pesto, it's really tastier… especially when in confinement ☺
- Small whole wheat pita breads
- Pizza sauce
Vegan Cashew-Based Cheese (makes extra depending on how many pizzas you make)
- 1 cup PRANA Organic Cashews, soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes, then drained
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
Vegan Broccoli Pesto (makes extra depending on how many pizzas you make)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1/2 cup PRANA Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Orange bell peppers, diced
- Corn kernels
- Green bell peppers, diced
- Red onion, diced
- PRANA Organic Sesame Seeds
- Prepare the Vegan Cashew-Based Cheese by adding drained cashews, along with the rest of the cheese ingredients into a high speed blender * and blend until smooth. Note that you might have to scrape the sides as needed. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Prepare the Vegan Broccoli Pesto by placing the broccoli florets into a bowl with 1/4 cup of water. Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Drain the water and place broccoli in the fridge to cool off.
- Once cool, add half of the broccoli florets along with the rest of the pesto ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the desired number of pitas onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Assemble the pizzas by spreading pizza sauce on your pitas.
- Top with Vegan Cashew-Based Cheese.
- Create a rainbow by placing cherry tomatoes at the base of your pizzas, followed by diced orange bell peppers, corn kernels, a line of Vegan Broccoli Pesto garnished with the remainder of the broccoli florets, green bell peppers and diced red onion.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with PRANA Organic Sesame Seeds. Serve immediately.
NOTES: * If you do not have a high speed blender, blend in a food processor or a blender until completely smooth. Add additional water as needed.