Raspberry-chocolate pop tarts with coconut
Have you ever tried a homemade pop tart before? Now's your chance! This version is made with a yummy coconut pie crust, but nothing is stopping you from using store-bought crust to save a little time. Simply dust with some icing sugar or brush with a little maple syrup for extra flavour. It's so easy to prepare: pie dough, the sweet filling of your choice, and a little something fun as a topping (try sugar, grated coconut or chopped nuts). No matter what shape you make them, they'll be great, but we recommend using a heart-shaped cookie cutter. What a delicious way to spoil the ones you love!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tbsp PRANA organic finely grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cacao
- 2 tbsp nut milk, for glazing
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic fair trade cane sugar or PRANA organic coconut palm sugar, for dusting
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic finely grated coconut, for dusting
- 10 wooden popsicle sticks
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, grated coconut, salt and oil. Add the water and maple syrup and mix with a fork. Start mixing with your hands until you have a ball of smooth pie dough. Add a little extra flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Flatten the dough between two sheets of parchment paper to roll it out without sticking.
- Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter (hearts, for example).
- Form a ball with the leftover dough and roll it out to cut out more shapes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Combine raspberries and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Place the half the pie dough hearts on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add 1 tsp of the raspberry mixture in the center of each heart and add a few pieces of chocolate.
- Place a wooden stick in the center if you would like them to be lollipop style.
- Cover each heart with a second piece of pie dough and seal the edges by pressing lightly with a fork.
- Brush with almond milk, dust with cane sugar and grated coconut.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Note: you can also use the store-bought pie dough of your choice. For an extra gourmet touch, dip the pop tarts in melted chocolate!