Roasted almond, sesame, goji berry and date bars
This no-bake bar is perfect for those mid-afternoon cravings. For a gourmet version, add some dark chocolate chunks. Personalize the recipe by adding any nut, seed or dried fruit you want. Switch almonds for pecans, the cranberries for dried apricots or figs, or add some coconut strips! They can be stored for weeks in the freezer, or for a week in the fridge, ready to be pulled out and snacked on throughout the day!
- 1 1/2 cup PRANA organic raw European almonds
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic raw European pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic whole sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup PRANA organic goji berries
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic cranberries, sweetened with apple juice or PRANA organic figs cut into small cubes
- 8 PRANA organic Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp PRANA organic blanched almond butter
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup PRANA organic chocolate chunks, 70% cacao
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coarsely chop the almonds, leaving a few whole.
- Put the almonds, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for about 12 minutes, until they're golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- While the nuts and seeds are roasting, put the dates in the food processor and pulse until they make a paste. Add the coconut oil, salt and almond butter, and mix again.
- Let the nuts and seeds cool completely. Add to a large bowl with the goji berries and dried cranberries (or figs).
- Line an 8" square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the nut mix to the date paste. Mix, add the dark chocolate chunks and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Press the mix down with your hands so that the mix is about 2 cm thick.
- Put the dish in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Carefully cut into bars.