Superfood-boosted coffee with cacao, hemp and maca
Try out this reinvented mochaccino, made with raw cacao, hemp seeds and lucuma powder. When you see "theobroma" cacao, it means "food of the gods". Cacao powder is made from beans that have been fermented and dried. More than just a sweet treat, cacao is a superfood filled with vitamins and minerals, many of which contribute to heart health. Adding raw cacao to your diet is extra beneficial because vitamins are lost when it is heated. Hemp seeds are also very nutritious and a source of complete protein. Lucuma powder is one of those ingredients that should be used more often, as it's flavour profile is similar to maple syrup, sweet potatoes and caramel, making it a great substitute for sugar. When mixed with liquid, it adds a creamy texture, making it an excellent addition to smoothies, puddings and other desserts. This superfood-coffee mix is a great energy booster. The coffee itself can be substituted with chaga or black tea.
- 2 cups cold coffee or chaga tea
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp PRANA organic raw maca powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 drizzle maple syrup
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender for several seconds, until completely mixed.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat over medium until hot.
- Pour into a mug.