Sweet Potato, Coconut Milk and Hazelnut Soup
A colourful, comforting soup topped with caramelized hazelnuts.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2-1/4cups coconut milk, divided
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ground organic fair trade ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic raw hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into cubes. Chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and add the sweet potato, onion and garlic and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest, turmeric and coconut milk. Bring to a boil and cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the nuts with the maple syrup, then add the curry powder and salt.
- On a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper, spread the nuts and bake at 300°F (150°C) for 15 minutes. Let cool, then chop coarsely and set aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup of coconut milk with a teaspoon of chopped ginger and set aside.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve topped with a spoonful of the heated ginger-coconut milk, and the roasted nuts.